Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dismantle Your Tastefully Simple Shrine!

What is a Tastefully Simple shrine, you might ask?  Say you've been to a Tastefully Simple party, or three.  You try all of the delicious products, you place a large order, the products come in, you put them in your cupboard.......and you never use them.  I've had many party guests say, "Oh, I have a box of that product in my cabinets from the last party I went to".  Some guests say they don't know what to do with the products they bought.  As a consultant, this makes me sad, because first, I want you all to enjoy our awesome foods, and second, this means I'm not providing you with enough resources to use our products.  So, my goal is to remedy this situation.  I am challenging YOU to use your Tastefully Simple products!

If you have a Tastefully Simple "shrine", I want you to pick an item, any item.  Bonus points if it's the oldest Tastefully Simple item in your cabinets.  I want you to post a comment to this blog naming your item, and I will give you FIVE suggestions on how to use that item.

So, for example, say you have the Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce, which is one of our standard line items.  You may have sampled it at a party and liked the taste, but once you ordered it, you weren't sure what to use it on.  So, here's some suggestions:
  1. Brush it onto the outside of a pork tenderloin before roasting or grilling. If you grill, brush with marinade each time you flip the meat over and you'll end up with a delicious glaze.
  2. For a unique salad, combine 3 Tbsp. Pomegranate Chipotle sauce with 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar and 2 Tbsp. olive oil to make a sweet and spicy vinaigrette dressing. Toss with torn greens and sliced peaches or mango; sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and pine nuts or pecans.
  3. Brush over bacon-wrapped cubed chicken breast; secure with a toothpick. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked to create a delicious appetizer!
  4. For an even easier appetizer, spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers.
  5. Make easy pulled pork sandwiches with pork roast and Pomegranate Chipotle sauce in your slow cooker.
So, what products have you purchased but aren't using?  Post in the comments and I'll help you dismantle your Tastefully Simple shrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment